Nr. 1: Lack of Fit with Specific Context Nr. 2: Poor real-life Applicability and Nr.3: Insufficient guiding Measures
Organisations around the globe invest heavily in Leadership Development Programs; yet the general level of satisfaction is low in terms of visible and lasting impact.
Recent studies highlight three main causes for the lack of effectiveness in the majority of classical Leadership Development Programs:
1. Lack of fit with the specific Context ("one size fits all" approach)
See the Number 1 Grooa Solution on the Context Design page
2. Insufficient Real-Life Applicability (theoretical class learning is wasted when people are confronted with the reality at work):
See the Number 2 Grooa Solution on this page
3. Lack of appropriate guiding measures (Lack of pre- and post- assessments and inadequate ROI evaluations)
See the Number 3 Grooa Solution on the Assessments page
Anchoring and Embedding the Learning
At Grooa, we pride ourselves of our excellence in bringing your Real-Life into focus.
When designing a program, we always keep in mind that the best way to "fix" the learning is to have an immediate applicability in the day to day life.
So our recommendation for any training program is to include three essential steps:
- Include facilitated work on a specific case (either by having individual bring pre-work to a training session or by having a team carry on a full project during the course of the entire program)
- Prioritise story-telling and use of interactive tools in the training program, including games and creative activities, to make the learning more memorable
- Include an "Embed into your Real Journey" follow-up program by using individual or team coaching as well as cross-coshing by the participants themselves, for enhanced accountability